Thursday, June 21, 2012

{Guest Post} Macaroni and Cheesecake: Cinnamon Crescent Rolls

Pin It!

Today is a very, very, very, very, very, very important day. Do you know what day it is? It's my birthday! I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday than by having the absolutely amazing Stephanie from Macaroni and Cheesecake do a guest post! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this Stephanie! I know you are all going to enjoy her recipe as much as I did! I can't wait to make these! Make sure to stop by her blog because once you do... you will be hooked! You can also follow her on Facebook and Pinterest

------------------------------------------------------------------



Hi everyone! I'm Stephanie and I blog over at Macaroni and Cheesecake. I met Devi through Facebook a few months ago and was so thrilled when she asked me to guest post. She is so sweet and creative and I am dying to try her mini pancake muffins.  When she asked me to guest post, I immediately thought of these cinnamon crescent rolls that my friend Kattie made for our Sunday School class.  I didn't get to try them, but everyone raved over them so I asked her for the recipe.  Now I can see why they were raving! I took one bite, and then another, and then another! These are soft and gooey, yet still have a bit of a crunch from the crescent roll that gives these such a nice texture. Plus they are full of sugary goodness! It was all I could do to stay out of them.  Thank goodness Adam's coworkers like to eat what I bake, or my waistline would be in serious trouble! These are such a fun, super easy treat for breakfast or dessert, and I bet your family will love them! 



Cinnamon Crescent RollsSource: Rolls recipe from my friend Kattie, cinnamon/sugar ratio from Our Best Bites, icing from Sprinkled with FlourMakes 16 Rolls

Ingredients:

For the Rolls:
2 packages crescent rolls, reduced fat is fine
16 marshmallows
2 tbsp. butter, melted
1/4 cup plus 1/8 cup sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon

For the Icing:
1 1/4 cups confectioner's sugar
1 tbsp. butter, melted
1 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 to 3 tsp. water

Directions:

For the Rolls:
Spray two large baking sheets with cooking spray.  Open crescent roll packages and separate them into the individual triangles and roll them out flat.  

In a shallow bowl, stir together the cinnamon and sugar. In a separate small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for approximately 15 to 20 seconds, until completely melted. 

Take a marshmallow and roll it in the melted better and then into the cinnamon sugar mixture, coating liberally.  Place marshmallow on the skinny end of one of the crescent triangles.  Roll marshmallow up inside the crescent roll and then fold the sides of the crescent roll up around the marshmallow.  Pinch any ends together.  Repeat for all marshmallows and triangles.  Place on baking sheet a few inches apart. Bake according to the directions on the crescent roll package.  Once baked, the marshmallows will have oozed out of the rolls, just use the back of a spoon and push the marshmallows back into the rolls.  While still hot, drizzle rolls with the icing.  Store in an airtight container.  

For the Icing: 
In a medium sized bowl, stir together the confectioner's sugar, butter, milk, vanilla and 1 tsp. water. If icing is too thick, add up to 2 more tsp. water until desired consistency.  Icing should be thick, but spreadable and able to drizzle over rolls. 

7 comments :

  1. Yum! And happy birthday, Devi! I'm so glad I met you through the blogging world(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! What a fun gift to have Stephanie guest post! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy Vanover HammondJune 21, 2012 at 11:39 AM

    Happy Birthday Devi!!! God bless you and your family and I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh me- oh my! These look good good good!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound fun and easy to make. Wonder what it would be like if you added some simi sweet chocolate chips to it in the middle, it would almost be i like a new take on a smor. I think i will definitely try these. Happy birthday. And thanks for the ideal

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...