Monday, November 25, 2013

Cheesy Jalapeño Hashbrown Ravioli and Roasted Garlic Chicken with #OreIdaHashbrn

Pin It!
I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.

What can I say about hash browns other than they are a marvelous creation. I love, love, love delicious, crispy hash browns for breakfast and couldn't imagine life without them. In my extremely humble and valuable opinion, the only thing that could be better than hash browns for breakfast is hash browns for dinner. But not just any hash browns... Oh, no... It has to be a unique, yet delicious take on hash browns that found my husband and I delightfully pleased... Hash brown filled raviolis. Sounds crazy, right? Well, it is... kind of. But, it's a delicious kind of crazy like you can only believe once you've tasted it. 



Of course, before I could head into the kitchen and become like a mad scientist in his laboratory, I had to head out and gather my supplies. I also needed to grab a few Christmas gifts for my kids, so I needed a one-stop-shopping place like my local Walmart. I love the shopping at Walmart because I love the convenience of being able to grab some toothpaste, artichokes, underwear and a fishing pole if I needed to. It's kind of my thing... 



When I headed to the freezer section, I noticed that the Ore Ida Hash browns' packaging was decorated with cuteness from the new movie Frozen that's coming out this month! We are so excited for this movie and my 7-year-old daughter has been begging us to take her to see it. So, of course she was pretty excited when she saw the Frozen packaging. I also found out that Walmart is going to have in-store demos at some of their stores on November 30th and December 1st! Love it! Plus, there's a Disney's Frozen Giveaway going on right now and you can win a bunch of super cool prizes! Now, who doesn't love prizes? I'm a sucker for giveaways and prizes. 



Remember a few weeks ago when I told you I was going to be using Won Ton wrappers again, very soon? Well, I did. I used them again and I'm still in love with them! Yes, I could have spent a long time making homemade pasta dough and yes it would have been delicious... but, I was really curious how the Won Ton wrappers would work for raviolis!



... Perfect. They worked flawlessly! So easy, so fun and so delicious! You should definitely try this out if you're a fan of Ore Ida's awesome hash browns. 



Cheesy Jalapeño Hashbrown Ravioli and Roasted Garlic Chicken:

Ingredients:

Ravioli:
  • 4 cups frozen Ore Ida Shredded hash brown potatoes
  • tsp salt
  • tsp pepper
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 onion, minced
  • 1/3 cup chopped jalapeño (I used canned!)
  • 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 48 won ton wrappers
Cheese sauce:
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 2 cups milk
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • Pinch of nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or you can adjust to your liking!)
  • 3 tablespoons chopped jalapeno (canned again!)
  • 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Chicken:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 12 whole garlic cloves, crushed
  • Salt & pepper
  • Olive oil
Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet, place 3 cloves of crushed garlic on each breast, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in oven for 35-45 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.

While chicken is roasting, in a skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter. Saute onion for 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Add remaining butter, melt, then add hash browns. Season hash browns with salt and pepper and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked (not crispy.) Remove from heat, add jalapeño and egg yolk and mix well. Allow mixture to cool, then stir in shredded cheese.

Place 1 tablespoon of hash brown mixture in the center of a won ton wrapper. Wet the edges of the wrapper by rubbing a little water on them, place another won ton wrapper on top and seal edges. Repeat with remaining wrappers. 

In a medium saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter and whisk in flour. Cook for 1 minute. Whisk in milk, making sure there are no lumps. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and bring mixture to a boil. Allow to cook for about 1-2 minutes, or until mixture is thick. Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheese.

Bring a large pot of water to a boil and sprinkle in a little salt. Cook raviolis for 2-3 minutes, or until they are soft, but not gummy. Drain well and toss raviolis with cheese sauce. 

Slice chicken chicken breast into thin slices and serve with raviolis. Make sure to place some of that roasted garlic on top! Yum. 

Serves 4.

1 comment :

  1. Smart! I would never have thought to make them into ravioli! #client

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...