Friday, April 8, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken & Fried Rice

Pin It!

The first time I made this meal something changed inside me. I knew immediately that you truly could make the most delicious tasting food at home and that it wasn't very hard. This is one of those meals that I know my daughter will remember when she's all grown up and has a family of her own. It's just that good. When you make this and serve it to your family try not to be surprised when they eat every last piece of chicken and tell you how much they love you and that you're the best wife and mother on the planet. If this sounds good to you then I suggest you give it a try!

Teriyaki Chicken Recipe:   {Print Recipe}

Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water

10-12 chicken thighs (There are a couple of different combinations you can do here - it just depends on your preference: boneless/skinless, bone-in/skin on, boneless/skin-on, bone-in/skinless. I personally have tried them all and I prefer to use bonless/skin-on)

Instructions:
First you'll need to put your chicken in a big pan. I use a large lasagna pan.

Next, combine the cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl and set it aside. Place all of your ingredients for the sauce into a medium saucepan, along with the cornstarch/water mixture. Cook on medium-high heat for about 5-6 minutes (or until it just starts to thicken and bubble). Let the sauce cool down, then pour it over the chicken. Cover the chicken and place in the fridge until it's time to start cooking it (You can definitely skip this step! Most of the time, if i'm in a hurry, I don't refrigerate it).

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Place your chicken in the oven for 50-60 minutes, flipping it over after 30 minutes. Oh, and I like to baste the sauce over the chicken every 20 minutes to keep it nice and juicy and saucy!




Chinese Fried Rice Recipe:   {Print Recipe}

Ingredients:
4 cups of cold, cooked white rice (I usually cook my rice earlier in the day and put it in the fridge until it's time to use it!)
2 tablespoons of oil
2 eggs
2 cups of cooked peas/carrots (I use the frozen pea/carrot mixture)
3-4 stalks of green onion (sliced)
Approximately 1/2 cup soy sauce (more or less to taste)
2 teaspoons sesame oil

Instructions:
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over medium heat.

Break 2 eggs into pan and scramble them around for 1 minute.

Once the eggs are cooked, add remaining tablespoon of oil, heat, and dump in the peas/carrots and rice. Mix it around with the spatula until there are no clumps of rice and allow it to cook while you stir it for 2-3 minutes.

Pour in sesame oil and soy sauce and continue to mix it until the rice is evenly colored and no white grains of rice remain.

Throw in the green onion and stir ir around for 1 minute and then you're done!

2 comments :

  1. I have all the ingredients for this recipe, I can't wait to try it. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...