Thursday, August 23, 2012

Chicken Parmesan Bake

Pin It!

Happy Thursday everybody! I can't believe it's already going to be Friday tomorrow! I'm so very, very excited because my daughter's teacher from last year asked me and one of the other moms to come help her out in her class tomorrow! She obviously missed our presence :). I have missed hers, too, actually, and am really looking forward to getting to spend a little time in a familiar classroom! Starting next week I will be working in my daughter's new classroom and getting to know her new teacher better, which should be fun, too!

This week has been really awesome because my daughter and I have been walking to school in the mornings! The weather has been so nice and luckily, for us, the route we take goes right through a park. It only takes us 10 minutes to get there and my daughter absolutely loves it! It definitely gets my morning off to a good start :).

This recipe i'm posting today is one that is perfect for a weeknight dinner and kids love it because it's simple and there's cheese involved! Gotta love cheesy recipes.



Chicken Parmesan Bake Recipe:   {Print Recipe}

Ingredients:

2 Large (or 3 medium) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
16 ounces spaghetti noodles (you could definitely use a different noodle!)
24 ounces spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup italian style bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
4 tablespoons butter *softened*
1 tablespoon italian seasoning
3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and italian seasoning. Place in small baking dish and bake for approximately 40-50 minutes (or until juices run clear!)

Cook your pasta al dente (according to your package's directions), drain and mix in spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper.

Lightly grease a 9"x13" baking dish and pour spaghetti mixture in.

Slice chicken (against the grain) into 1/2" thick slices and place, side by side, over the top of the spaghetti.

Combine parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese and sprinkle over chicken. Combine butter, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper and sprinkle over the cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and breadcrumbs are brown and toasty.

Sprinkle fresh parsley over the top and serve!


GBPRecipeRoundUp 

14 comments :

  1. Fun! I have never tried baked spaghetti, but now I really want to ! What a hearty meal all in one pan. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a GREAT meal and easy to put together on a busy night. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! Don't forget to come back and VOTE on Sunday! Tell your friends! I'm sharing this one on my Facebook wall NOW. Come on over to Walking on Sunshine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great recipe! I'm pinning this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower here! This looks wonderful. I'm always on the hunt for quick and easy weeknight meal ideas. I think I may try this one with a little eggplant too. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks like an awesome recipe and will be making it soon. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. Newest follower here. Also like the above comment about the eggplant in it.
    http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that I'm following you! This recipe is EXACTLY what I have been searching Pinterest for. Thank you, thank you for posting!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sooo making this!!! Thanks for sharing it! xo, Reannah

    ReplyDelete
  8. do we cook the chicken first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. never mind - need to read the instructions better (new cook)

      Delete
  9. This looks delicious! My husband loves baked spaghetti! We'd love for you to link this up at our party! http://housewivesofriverton.blogspot.com/2012/09/riverton-housewives-round-up-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there! This pоѕt could not be wгitten
    any better! Reading thiѕ post remіnds mе of my οld roοm
    mate! Нe always kept talking abоut this.
    I will forωaгd thiѕ wrіte-up to him.
    Pretty ѕure he will have a good reаd. Thаnkѕ for
    sharing!

    Also viѕit my ωeb blog tdod.org

    ReplyDelete
  11. bookmarkеd!!, I really like yоur
    blog!

    My sіtе; Read More

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This іs a very well ωritten artіcle.
    Ӏ'll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I'll ԁefіnitely retuгn.


    Vіsit mу sіte v2 cigs

    ReplyDelete
  13. These certain nerves spread out more than your whole stomach
    so your abs dont just contract under the pads.

    My website: Flex belt review

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...